1. I like to carry a clipboard, makes me look official. Often, I like to impersonate a yard worker and carry a rake. I do my best to never, ever look like a thief.
2. Two things that really get in my way are: loud dogs and nosy neighbors. ( http://amzn.to/l9sL0B )
3. I’ll bust a window to get in, even if it makes a little noise. If your neighbor hears one loud sound, he’ll stop what he’s doing and wait to hear it again … If he doesn’t hear it again, he’ll just go back to what he was doing. It’s human nature.
4. Just a thought but why would you pay lots of money for a relaible alarm system and leave your house without switching it on?
5. I love looking in your windows. I’m looking for signs that you’re home, and for flat screen TVs or gaming systems I’d like. I’ll drive or walk through your neighborhood at night, before you close the blinds, just to pick my targets.
6. Not really a good idea to announce your vacation on or even where you are on your Facebook page. It’s easier than you think to look up your address.
7. Leaving that window open just a crack during the day is a way to let in a little fresh air, is an invitation to come on in and look around remove your jewelry and some other high end items.
8. If you don’t answer when I knock, I will try the door. Interestingly enough sometimes I hit the jackpot and walk right in.